1 cup Graham crackers crumbs
1 cup Flaked coconut, dried desiccated not sweetened
½ cup Pecans or walnuts, chopped
½ cup Sugar
¼ # Butter – melted
- Mix ingredients together in bottom of spring pan, flatten down with bottom of glass until firm and even
6 ea Eggs, large (use cold eggs)
24 oz Cream cheese – softened ( can sub mascarpone if desired)
1 cup Sugar, split into (2) ½ cups…for eggs…
1 ea Lemon rind, grated
- Separate egg whites and yolks into two mixing bowls.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to egg whites and beat until stiff peaks.
- Add 1/2 cup sugar to egg yolks and beat until creamy soft yellow color.
- Add cream cheese into egg yolk mixture, mix until smooth.
- Gently fold in egg whites and fold in lemon rind so that the meringue doesn’t deflate.
- Cook at 325 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour and 15 mins.
- Turn the oven off and leave in the oven for about 30 mins to let the cake slowly start to cool.